If you are a Blogger user, you must have noticed that your blog permalink comes with a date.
The date in the permalink doesn’t look pleasing, and we often find ourselves asking how to remove date from blogger post URL?
Or how to remove the date from a blogger post-Permalink?
Do you find yourself pondering over the same question?
This article can solve all your problems.
Therefore, I was hoping you could have some patience while I share the steps one by one for removing dates from blogger post URLs.
Before moving on to the steps to remove dates from blogger post URLs, let’s get into the basics.
Table Of Contents
URLs and Permalink
A blog post URL or Uniform Resource Locator is the address of your online page.
A Permalink is also a URL generated for a permanent address. A permalink is auto-generated, but you can customize it as well.
When you create a post in Blogger, the generated permalink has a specific format that includes the publication date.
We all can agree that the date on the URL looks unpleasant and therefore needs to be removed.
But just like most things, removing dates from blogger post-URLs has its Pros and Cons. Let us go through the Pros first.
Pros Of Remove Date From Blogger Post URL
There are plenty of benefits are:
1. Removing dates makes your read blog look professional.
2. Your content never gets trapped in time and stays eternal.
3. It will hide the date from the viewers.
4. Views will find your content relevant regardless of when it was written.
5. It makes your URL precise
6. More importantly, it helps your ranking on the result page of a search engine.
These were the Pros and benefits.
Now let us move to the disadvantages or Cons of removing dates from blogger post URLs.
Cons Of Remove Date From Blogger Post URL
If you have recently started a blog page and have barely posted anything, or you have very few posts.
then you can change it without facing any consequences.
If you have been blogging for a long time, and have made numerous posts.
then I would recommend you refrain from making this change because changing any blog permalink can affect you in the following ways.
1. Affect your SEO: SEO is a vital part of blogging. SEO is essential, as it facilitates you with free and organic traffic.
If you do not know what SEO is and how it helps you in your blog writing, then visit this link
And if you’re a beginner then you should avoid these SEO Mistakes Especially in your journey.
2. Your old links before the change will be invalid: Accessing the old link will show an Error 404.
3. Your old shared links will be invalid: The already established links shared on various social media platforms will show an Error 404 as well.
4. Impact on your search engine rank: If your posts with an old permalink rank in Google or other search engines, changing the URL will show the previous link as invalid.
Therefore, be very cautious regarding changing your post permalink.
We do not want to lose the diamonds while chasing the glitter, do we?
How Can I Remove Date From Blogger Post URL?
Now, if you have decided to remove the date from the blogger post URL [permalink], here is the step-by-step process:
Step 1: Sign in to the Blogger and then move up to the Dashboard followed by the theme section to the left of your screen.
Step 2: The theme section houses the ‘edit HTML’ button at the end of the screen to the right of ‘Customize’
Step 3: The image of the coding page might catch you a little off guard.
Be calm and search for the <head> tag.
You will find the <head> tag in the top section of the coding.
In any case, if you are not able to find it, press ‘Ctrl+F.’
Step 4: Now, Copy the Code given below.
Step 5: After copying, Paste the copied text immediately after the <head> tag and click on the ‘Save Theme’ button at the bottom left.
And voila! You just successfully managed to remove the date from your blogger blog post-Permalink.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to remove or hide dates from Blogger posts?
I have mentioned the entire process above. Execute those simple steps, and your job is done.
Q2. Can I arrange the order of posts on Blogger?
Blogger automatically arranges your posts chronologically. If you wish to put them manually, you have to change the dates on each one of your posts.
Q3. How to change dates in Blogger?
1. Visit ‘Posts’ on Blogger.
2. Go to ‘Edits.’
3. Find the desired post and click ‘Edit.’
4. Click on ‘Post Settings’ at the bottom.
5. Find ‘Published on.’
6. Click on ‘post date time’ and make the required changes.
7. Click on ‘Update.’
Your job is done.
Over To You
I hope this article was easy to understand and has helped you answer your questions on how you can remove post date or hide post date from Permalink or Blogger posts.
Now that you have learned the process, it is time to ditch your permalink’s old and unappealing look and give your blogger URLs an authentic and professional look.
If you found this article helpful, share it with people who are still scratching their heads over this problem.
I will see you again. Till then, happy blogging 🙂